Sunday, January 21, 2007

I can't believe the US government is putting two of our Border Patrol Agents in prison.

Border Patrol Pardon?
1/20/2007 9:36:01 AM
I can't believe the US government is putting two of our Border Patrol Agents in prison. So the word of an illegally crossing, drug smuggler is of higher credibillty than two of our own protectors.
What they have to put up with on the border!!! SHEESH!

On one hand you have people breaking our laws and running over without narry a bit of respect for the simple laws we have established here...AND an entire army of drug smuglers with machine guns, killing off Mexican cops and news reporters, making their way across our lands with their 'treasure' to our kids to sell their wares.

And here is two men, braver than I will ever be to do their job, taking just ONE non-American drug dealer down...and THEY get sent to prison???

Oh, yeah, like our government really cares about its own citizens anymore.

I hope the President wil pardon them. Whether they followed all the strict rules of arrest or not, I don't know. But I do know that drugs will do more harm to my kids than the Border Patrol Agents ever will...and those who are trying to stop the drug flow to our kids do not deserve to be thrown in jail ofer some stupid technicalities.

I am sure that whatever they did wrong, after all they are going through now, they have learned their lesson.
Let them go.
C.

Collapse all posts in this thread
Author Replys
Mariner
Posts: 1174

Click here to email Mariner Talk to Mariner on Yahoo! Messenger

Re: Border Patrol Pardon?
1/20/2007 10:00:58 AM
I saw the prosecutor interviewed on TV. Basically what these guys are going to Jail for is that they fired on an unarmed drug smuggler. Understand that our legislators have only endowed our Border Patrol agents with the right to use their firearms in self defense. Yep, that''s right more politically correct rules of engagement only this time on the home front. If they use their weapons prior to any signs of overt hostility and a threat to their own lives then they are breaking the law. The agents knew that they screwed up and attempted to cover it up instead of filing a report stating what they did, and getting a slap on the wrist.

All that being said I agree I don''t like the sentence, and I don''t like the fact that a drug smuggler is probably going to sue the US government. How much is THAT going to cost the taxpayers. What needs to be done is for our lawmakers to change the laws so as to legally allow our BP agents to use appropriate force when deemed necessary, and to re-examine the statutes for penalties for on the job transgressions. The Jury sent these agents to jail based on examination of the evidence per instructions of the judge. We need to consider modifying our laws if we don''t want this same kind of thing to happen to others.
curmudgeon
Posts: 3945

Click here to email curmudgeon

Dubya will save his pardons . . . Your are currently viewing this message
1/20/2007 10:22:17 AM
. . . for some of his political buddies who are in prison.
Uriel
Posts: 827


Re: Border Patrol Pardon?
1/21/2007 9:23:09 AM
I don''t know what President Bush will do, Cur. He CAN do the right thing right now. I pray he will.

I do know that those two men should be freed. They should not have tried to cover up their blunder, but as it looks now, they have surely paid a heavy price for it. NOW is the time to let them go. The lesson has been learned, and that is enough.
And you are right Mariner, we need to take another look at our laws concerning the operations of our men and women on the border. Their job is becoming most dangerous, and we must not leave them to do a job with both hands tied behind their backs.
While I love Mexico and the people there, I must say that they must get a grip on the problems there, as it is slipping into our territory, all that violence and murder. There has to be a better way to be good neighbors.

But for now, our Border Patrol needs our support and understanding.
Free them!




Cal
Posts: 994


Re: Re: Border Patrol Pardon?
1/21/2007 10:26:05 AM
For what it is worth.

I have gotten in touch with Solomon,Sr. and both Senators and have expressed my opinion. I was surprised I was listened to.

I told them the agents should not only be pardoned but given their jobs back with lost pay.

I would have said more ,but didn''t.

No comments: